Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farm Boxes

This week's box from Johnson's Backyard Garden contained the following:
  • dozens of various peppers, including poblano, Anaheim, jalapeno, and serrano
  • large bunch of basil
  • just over 1/2 pound of arugula
  • 1 small cucumber
  • several small red and white onions
  • several eggplant, purple, green white and Rosa Bianca
  • 2 pounds okra
  • Yellow and Zephyr zucchini
  • 1 mystery melon, possibly a Galia or a Honeydew
  • 2 acorn squash
  • several Caribe potatoes (follow this link to learn about a specialty publication)
I used the "trade box" to trade in many of my peppers in exchange for 2 additional pounds of okra (leaving me with a total of four pounds of okra). I also traded some of my Asian eggplant for some more Western / globe eggplant. This done, I started on my menus for the August 29th farm box, beginning with dinner that night!

No comments: